Monday, November 7, 2011

Frugal Food Challenge - Day 6


My belly feels flatter. That's probably just in my mind. I know I'm eating less calories so its possibly I just feel less full. I kinda wish I had a before and after picture now to work with. Another side effect from this experiment may be an improved physique. We'll see on that.

The enjoyment of my food is still increasing, and I added a photo finally to give an idea of some of my eats. These were some tacos with chicken, black beans, and avocado with a side of mixed veggies. One of my new hopes is that viewers can see appetizing items here and not be afraid of changing up your diet from fast food. I'm more than halfway through my work week now. Also, I am coming under daily budget more than anticipated too.

Today's meals / prices are:

Breakfast $1.06
Tacos: black beans, pico, 1 egg, 2 corn tortillas and a coffee.

Snack $0.74
Half PB on Bread: 1 slice Whole Wheat, Peanut Butter, Agave Syrup, 1/2 Banana, 1 Coffee

Lunch $1.10
Handful of Almonds and a Black Bean, Egg, Quinoa mix

Dinner $.50
Side of Lima Beans

Total $3.40


You can see my dinner was pretty light. I work a swing shift so lunch is usually more like dinner time and I was pretty full so I just had a small side of Lima beans. Calculating the cost per meal can get pretty tedious but it is improving as I get more prices figured out. Some items are approximations. They should be within a few cents and I'm careful to over value as much as possible.

No comments: